12.1.1. General requirements
1. Any works on repair and maintenance of the car need to be carried out in the spacious, well ventilated and lit room.
2. The workshop equipment (load-lifting mechanisms, machines, electric tools) has to be specially adapted for performance of repair operations (for example, for power supply of figurative lighting fixtures it is desirable to use sources of low voltage – 36 or 12 V, but not 220 V).
3. You do not smoke and do not use naked flame indoors where there is a car, there are fuels and lubricants and so forth.
4. During the work with the metalwork tool use gloves — they will protect hands not only from dirt, but also from scratches and cuts.
5. From below of the car perform any works in goggles.
6. When carrying out body repair (filling, painting, grinding) put on a respirator and provide additional ventilation of the room.
7. Carry out the works connected with removal and installation of heavy knots and units of the car with the assistant.
8. Capacities with fuel and lubricants and the paints and varnishes which are stored in a workshop have to be always densely closed. Do not allow finding of such materials in a zone of falling of sparks when using the metal-cutting tool.
9. Do not allow hit of the oils which are (especially fulfilled) of antifreeze and electrolyte on open sites of skin. In case of hit wash away as soon as possible soap solution.
10. Do not use gasoline, diesel fuel, solvents , etc. for cleaning of skin of hands.
11. Remember that improper maintenance of electric equipment and fuel equipment can lead to the fire. If you are not sure of the knowledge of service of the specified systems, address experts better. If all of you decided to perform work independently, strictly follow all recommendations and preventions.
12. Observe extra care at car repairs, the belts equipped with safety cushions or prednatyazhitel. Do not try to repair independently knots of these systems (an electronic control unit safety cushions, modules of safety cushions, a steering wheel, blow sensors, prednatyazhitel of belts and so forth) as the wrong performance of work can lead to operation of these devices and , as a result, to severe injuries. When performing any works in a zone of an arrangement of these devices attentively study all recommendations and preventions.
13. The tools and the equipment used at car repairs have to be serviceable. Special attention needs to be paid to a condition of isolation of electric wires.
14. At service of the cars equipped with the air conditioning system do not allow depressurization of system as the coolant which is contained in it is poisonous.